Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Joy - Peace that Overcomes

It's so hard sometimes not to let one's emotions get the best of you. As I've come through a rather difficult Lenten Season...the questions continue to arise...What am I doing? Where am I going? What is Your will Lord? Why am I going through this? What is to become of me? These questions lay heavy on my heart...and can be difficult to shake.

Often, I find myself looking to the future, perhaps too much so. I have a hard time living in the present moment, and yet, I know that I must continue to seek God's will. Finding that balance, is particularly difficult. Not only that, but then facing temptations right and left, and feeling very much alone in my search....it is only by God's grace, I know very well, and HIS LOVE, that I am able to continue.

However, I know that amidst all that is happening, especially in when I am undergoing trial, that it is then when I must flee to Jesus's heart. Because it is only there, ONLY THERE, that I know I am wholly loved, safe, and can find true peace.

I continue to pray much, always asking the Blessed Mother to watch over me. I know very well her prayers have helped sustain me through our Lord. I've learned that I must choose to trust as well. I must continue to run to Jesus, and simply tell Him, yes, Lord, Your Will Be Done, I Trust in You. And in this, in trusting and finding the sanctuary of Jesus's heart, there is peace, and a joy that cannot be explained. It is a true miracle of Grace.

So much is happening in the world, and will continue to happen. I look at my own life, and realize just how small it is amongst the goings-on in the world!! And yet...the God who orders all things...wishes to Love me...and not only that, but with a Love surpassing all knowledge, time, and human capacity. There is definitely joy in knowing this! What should we not want to do for the sake of Jesus's Love??

I remember this passage..knowing Jesus Himself gives us His Peace:
On the evening of that day, the first day of the week, the doors being shut where the disciples were, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said to them, "Peace be with you." When he had said this, He showed them His hands and His side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord. Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you." (John 19-21)

Easter Blessings to all of you, and many heartfelt prayers. Please pray for me!

Rejoice! He is Risen! Alleluia!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment