Sunday, February 6, 2011

"Let us go foward in peace..." ~St. Thérèse of Lisieux

It's been quite a long time since I posted something a bit more personal on here. So, here goes...It seems that God has allowed some very trying times in the past few years. Family issues, health, finances...not to mention inward struggles. I know that above all though, Jesus loves me...deeply, with an intensity I can't fully understand. It is upon this reality, that I base my hope, trust, and continue to seek after the will of God.

It is now some years since I began discerning religious life. I still continue to search, trusting God is preparing a place for me, as well as preparing me. I still sense that He is calling me to this. It's difficult to understand oneself, isn't it? I often find myself confused when trying to figure out how God is working in my soul. But I know He is working. Often, looking back on my life, I see His marvelous plan, and the good He performs. I trust that, years from now, I will look back upon this time, and see the same.

St. Thérèse the Little Flower said once,

"If I did not simply suffer from one moment to another, it would be impossible for me to be patient; but I look only at the present moment, forget the past; and I take good care not to forestall the future. When we yield to discouragement or despair, it is usually because we give too much thought to the past and to the future."

And so I strive after this too. To keep my peace in the doing the will of God in the present moment, bearing all I suffer as the Cross of Christ. Offering all to Him. And loving Jesus with all that I am, as I receive His Love each day within my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment